In an emergency call 000
(07) 3399 5444
171 Riding Rd, Balmoral QLD 4171
Welcoming Dr Ruth Best
Coronavirus - what to do
Happy holidays! Our Christmas-New Year opening hou...
Movember becomes Mo-cember at Hawthorne Clinic
Dr Yasu Takao takes the stage at GP19
Movember kicks off at Hawthorne Clinic
How you get your test results is changing
Sign up to keep kids roadsafe
Retirement of Dr Brad Smith
We're AGPAL accredited - what does this mean?
A breakfast your whole heart & family will love!
Apple pancakes with berries and ricotta
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons honey
1 1/4 cups self raising flour
1 small apple, peeled and grated
Canola oil spray
125g reduced fat ricotta
1 tablespoon icing sugar
125g punnet berries of your choice (see Tips)
1 tablespoon maple syrup, to serve
Look for the Heart Foundation Tick.
Tick highlights healthier choices when comparing similar products.
1. Whisk eggs with buttermilk and honey.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl, add buttermilk mixture and whisk to product a smooth batter. Stir in grated apple.
3. Grease a heated non-stick frying pan with cooking spray, pour in 1/4 cup of batter and spread to make a 12cm pancake.
4. Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn pancake and cook other side until golden. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Mix ricotta and icing sugar until smooth. Serve pancakes with ricotta mix, berries and a tablespoon of maple syrup.
If you cannot find nice fresh berries, just thaw some frozen ones instead.
Apple pancakes can be cooked several hours ahead. Keep in an airtight container in a cool place and warm the pancakes in the microwave just before serving.
(original recipe published on the Heart Foundation Australia)
Happy holidays! Our Christmas-New Year opening hours
My Health Record
National Immunisation Program
R U Ok?